Aaron Riley is a retired lightweight fighter.
He most recently defeated Joe Brammer via unanimous decision. He was next set to face debuting Pat Audinwood but he was injured and replaced with Thiago Tavares. The injury must have been a serious one because Riley was out for a while. He was next rumored to face TUF 12 winner Jonathan Brookins.
Instead, Riley was inactive for around a year before accepting a fight against recent Ultimate Fighter winner Tony Ferguson. Ferguson broke Riley's jaw in the first round, and the fight was stopped by doctors between the first and second rounds.
After recovering, Riley was next set to face Cody McKenzie but he was apparently injured again and replaced by newcomer Marcus LeVesseur. Riley hasn't fought since the Ferguson fight in September 2011.
At the end of April 2013 after over a year of inactivity Riley signed to make his return against Justin Salas in a clear loser-leaves-town matchup. Salas defeated Riley via split decision after a war. Riley subsequently retired after sixteen years as a mixed martial artist.
Fights[edit | edit source]
- Yves Edwards vs. Aaron Riley 1 - Closed-fist strikes were not allowed.
- Aaron Riley vs. Colin O'Rourke - The fight was the pro debut of Colin O'Rourke.
- Yves Edwards vs. Aaron Riley 2
- Aaron Riley vs. Alexandre Barros
- Chris Lytle vs. Aaron Riley
- Aaron Riley vs. Sam Morgan
- Aaron Riley vs. Michihiro Omigawa - The fight was the Pride debut of both men and it was Michihiro Omigawa's MMA debut.
- Jorge Gurgel vs. Aaron Riley - After the fight, Jorge Gurgel was cut for the final time. The fight won Fight of the Night honors and, for me, was a candidate for 2008 Fight of the Year. The fight was Riley's first win inside the UFC in his third fight for the promotion, spaced out over six years.
- Aaron Riley vs. Shane Nelson 2
- Ross Pearson vs. Aaron Riley
- Tony Ferguson vs. Aaron Riley - The fight was the UFC lightweight debut of TUF winner Tony Ferguson. The fight was the second time that Riley's jaw had been broken.